- Museum of the Moving Image / Art / Film / History / Museum
- Immigration Museum / History and Heritage Museum
- MAD / Museum of Art
- Intrepid / Museum / Aircraft Carrier
- NMAI / History Museum
- New Museum / Art and Design Museum
- FIT Museum / Fashion Museum
- MCNY / History Museum
- The Museum of Jewish Heritage / History Museum
- Cooper-Hewitt / Design Museum
- Bodies Exhibit / Museum of Human Anatomy
- New York Transit Museum / History Museum
- Brooklyn Museum / Museum of Art
- The Whitney / Museum of American Art
- Madame Tussauds New York / Wax Museum
- The Museum of Sex / History and Art Museum
- The Natural History Museum / The American Museum of Natural History
- The Met Musem / Museum of Art
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum / Modern Art and Architecture Museum
- MoMA / Museum of Art
- Jan 08 - Depois das 7 pm - BRAD MEHLDAU TRIO - The Vanguard - New York, NY -
"Mr. Mehldau, who spent most of the hour with eyes closed and head crooked into his chest like a sleeping bird, reached into the subconscious and took the songs at a run, rearranging all the accents of the melodies; his song-like improvisations took off from those jumbled rhythms."
Showtimes at 11:00PM .
- Jan 09 - Antes 7 pm - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - B.B. King Blues Club - New York, NY -
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's irresistible live show and aggressive, musically perceptive approach have proven the band to be the singular standout among the numerous bands that launched the '90s swing revival. The seven-man group forged a massively successful fusion of classic American sounds from jazz, swing, Dixieland and big band music..
Showtime @ 8:00PM / Doors Open @ 6:00PM .
- Jan 10 - Antes 7 pm - Johnny Winter - B.B. King Blues Club - New York, NY -
Winter in Winter Returns!
Johnny Winter is a guitar hero without equal.
Performing now with a renewed vigor and fire, to say that Winter is "back" would be an understatement. In fact, he never left - he's just better than ever.
Los Bluuuu, vamo con los Bluuuu
Showtime @ 8:00PM / Doors Open @ 6:00PM .
- Jan 11 - Depois das 7 pm - The Lemonheads - Knitting Factory - Brooklyn, NY -
The Lemonheads performing It's A Shame About Ray
Evan Griffith Dando formed The Lemonheads with two high school buddies in late winter '86, in their senior year at Boston's tiny Commonwealth School. Even by this time, The Lemonheads lineup had been volatile: more than a dozen different configurations over a period of just five years, all sorts of bit parts and reshuffles, with Dando as the only constant.
Showtime @ 8:30PM / Doors Open @ 7:30PM .
- Jan 12 - Antes 7 pm - International Guitar Night - Highlineballroom - New York, NY -
International Guitar Night is North America's premier mobile guitar festival, featuring an evening of solos, duets, and quartets that highlight the virtuosity and diversity within the world of acoustic guitar.
The 12th Annual International Guitar Night featuring:
Concert 7:30PM / Doors 6:00PM .
- Jan 13 - Depois das 7 pm - CEG Presents - Knitting Factory - Brooklyn, NY -
The White Rhino
Venue Information: Knitting Factory Brooklyn - 361 Metropolitan Ave
Doors: 6:30 pm / Show: 7:00 pm .
- Jan 14 - Depois das 7 pm - Black Taxi - The Bowery Ballroom - New York, NY -
BLACK TAXI is one of NYC's most prominent live acts, smashing an anything-goes punk ethos together with pop sensibilities, unparalleled energy, and brilliant songwriting. The result is a raucous stage show, heavy on harmonies, spitfire guitar licks, body paint, and all manner of instrumentation.
The Bright Light Social Hour
The Attic Ends
Doors: 7:30 pm / Show: 8:30 pm .
- Jan 15 - Depois das 7 pm - Party Lights - Mercury Lounge - New York, NY -
In an underground laboratory deep beneath the unsuspecting metropolis, a group of rogue scientists had been working together to create...A MONSTER!
A rock'n'roll monster, that is.
Party Lights / Four Party Girls
Guests: The Jay Vons, The Naked Heroes, The Living Kills
Doors: 7:00 pm.
- Jan 16 - Depois das 7 pm - Beer Event - City Winery - New York, NY -
American Beer Styles - East vs West Coast
BEER & CHEESE
Join us for our first Beer Class presented with City Winery and Murray's Cheese.
Beer is the oldest and most popular alcoholic beverage on the planet. Learn how to appreciate the subtle differences in beers and understand the essential qualities, styles, aromas and flavours of the famous beverage.
Holly Glory!! a cold beer at this time!.
- Jan 17 - Antes 7 pm - Wine Event - City Winery - New York, NY -
Join City Winery's chief winemaker David Lecomte for an engaging 5 part master class on the artistry of modern wine-making. Lecomte has developed a comprehensive curriculum than will instruct, educate and entertain. The course is a five (5) part series of 2 hour classes starting January 17th.
Let's do a wine course and get drunk!! .
- Jan 18 - Antes 7 pm - Bill Frisell, Ron Carter & Joey Baron - Blue Note - New York, NY -
Bill Frisell: His expressive virtuosity has rendered him much in demand as a guitarist and musician, leading him to work with artists as diverse as Ginger Baker, Gavin Bryars, Don Byron, Ron Carter, Elvis Costello, Bono, Jerry Douglas, Marianne Faithfull, Robin Holcomb, Wayne Horvitz, Paul Motian, David Sylvian, Hal Wilner.---
Ron Carter: Is among the most original, prolific, and influential bassists in jazz. With more than 2,000 albums to his credit, he has recorded with many of music's greats: Tommy Flanagan, Gil Evans, Lena Horne, Bill Evans, B.B. King, the Kronos Quartet, Dexter Gordon, Wes Montgomery, and Bobby Timmons.---
Joey Baron: Besides being a member of the Bill Frisell Band for ten years until 1995, he has performed and recorded with an impressive list of musicians, including Carmen McRae, Dizzy Gillespie, Tony Bennett, Hampton Hawes, Chet Baker, Laurie Anderson, Art Pepper, Stan Getz, Lee Konitz, Joe Lovano, Jay McShann, David Bowie, Big Joe Turner.---
3 Awesome GIANTS!