Destaque 10 dias BUY City PASS!
- Fev 01 - Antes 7 pm - "Infinite Jest: Caricature and Satire from Leonardo to Levine" - Mueseum of Metropolitan Art - Manhattan - The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 9:30AM-5:30PM Da Vinci, Delacroix, Goya, Toulouse-Lautrec and Al Hirschfeld are just a few of the big names in this exhaustive (if not infinite) look at the role of caricature and satire in art history. .
- Fev 01 - Antes 7 pm - Trivia Night - The Pine Box Rock Shop - Brooklyn - This Bar with a Pet Friendly Atmosphere is a Favorite Among Morgan Town Residents and is known for their Killer Cocktails and Fantastic Micro Brew Selection. With Trivia Night, the Bar shines, Giving the Intellectuals and the Inebriated the Chance to go head-to-head and win $40 Bar Dollars. Located Only Minutes away from the Hostel! .
- Fev 02 - Antes 7 pm - "Behind the Screen" - Museum of the Moving Image - Brooklyn - At the museum’s core exhibit (which was completely updated during renovations), you can put sound effects into film scenes, insert your voice into a part of The Wizard of Oz, or even make a short animated film and e-mail it to yourself… .
- Fev 03 - Depois das 7 pm - Skrillex - The Roseland Ballroom - Manhattan - American dance music has found an unlikely champion in Sonny Moore, a hyperactive, floppy-haired Los Angeles producer who once fronted the screamo band From First to Last and now records electronic music under the name Skrillex… Make Sure to Catch One of Dub Step's Biggest Up and Comers! .
- Fev 04 - Antes 7 pm - The Blue Man Group - Astor Place Theatre - Manhattan - Three deadpan, blue-skinned aliens work their way (with comical puzzlement) through the trappings of modern culture in this crowd-pleasing East Village happening… A True Feast for the Senses! .
- Fev 05 - Antes 7 pm - Super Bowl XLVI! - The American Sports Event of the Year is Here, and the Fans are Riled up as Two of Football's Biggest Power Houses, The New England Patriots and The New York Giants, Go Head to Head in the Final Game of the 2011 Season. The Hostel is Planning a few Festivities for the Game, as Well as Many Bars and Restaurants in the Surrounding Area, With So Much Going On its Sure to Be a Great Time!.
- Fev 06 - Depois das 7 pm - Reverend Vince Anderson and His Love Choir - With a funky beat and old school style, reverend Vince has become a local favorite. playing weekly shows at union pool and dazzling patrons with his soulful singing and eclectic style, its a performance not to be missed. .
- Fev 07 - Antes 7 pm - The Ice Rink at Rockefeller Center - It might be chilly out there, but you should still bundle up and take advantage of the best of what winter has to offer. That includes ice-skating at this iconic rink, which opened in 1937. Lunchtime skating is only $6!!! .
- Fev 08 - Antes 7 pm - "Brian Froud: Visions for Film and Faerie" - Brian Froud, the artist whose concept drawings were the model for Jim Henson’s puppets in Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal, presents his work from those films and other fantastical projects in this exhibit. His wife, Wendy, and son, Toby (who played the child in Labyrinth), both puppet artists in their own right, have created a site-specific installation for the show. .
- Fev 08 - Depois das 7 pm - Primus - Music Hall of Williamsburg - Brooklyn - Primus is a rock band formed in California in the mid-1980s by two ex-members of thrash metal band Blind Illusion, Les Claypool and Larry Lalonde. Les (vocals and bass guitar) has been the only constant member. Their music has proven difficult to define; while usually considered by critics to be funk-metal or alternative metal, Primus has been called everything from "thrash funk" (as the band blends funk-style bass technique with thrash influenced guitar riffs and songs tempos), to "alternative rock" to "the Freak Brothers set to music." Les Claypool himself once described their music as "psychedelic polka." Thanks to the diversity of their sound they have been able to gain fans from nearly all rock subgenres. They are characterized by their irreverent approach to music..
- Fev 09 - Depois das 7 pm - Voodoo Glow Skulls & Authority Zero - Knitting Factory - Brooklyn - Two Great Headliners are Coming to BK, this is a Show You Won't Want to Miss! Voodoo Glow Skulls are an American ska punk band formed in 1988 in Riverside, California by brothers Frank, Eddie and Jorge Casillas and their longtime friend Jerry O'Neill. Voodoo Glow Skulls first played out at backyard parties and later at Spanky's Café in their hometown of Riverside,Ca, where they played shows with the Angry Samoans, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Firehose, Murphy's Law and The Dickies. Authority Zero is a punk rock band from Mesa, Arizona. The band's style is rooted in reggae and skate punk, with Bad Religion, Pennywise, and Sublime cited as influences. The band also draws from Spanish/Portuguese influences lending to their Creative Style!.
- Fev 09 - Depois das 7 pm - Peter Woytuk public art project - Eighteen animal sculptures, created by artist Peter Woytuk, will weather the elements on Broadway from Columbus Circle to 168th Street. .
- Fev 10 - Depois das 7 pm - The Los Angeles Lakers at The New York Knicks - Madison Square Garden - Manhattan - The Los Angeles Lakers, One of the Biggest Franchises in NBA History, Faces The New York Knicks, Bryant Vs Anthony, in a Battle to Establish a Dominant Foothold in The 2011-2012 Season. .
- Fev 11 - Antes 7 pm - Brooklyn Brewery Tours and Tasting - 79 N. 11th St - Brooklyn - Visit the Home of One of Our Most Famous Micro-Brews - The Brooklyn Brewery! This Tour and Select Beer Tasting of Several of Their Hallmark Concoctions begins at Noon and Continues until 8:00PM, when most of the Inhabitants Spill into the busy Williamsburg Streets and are Consumed by its Fantastic Night Life! .
- Fev 11 - Depois das 7 pm - The San Antonio Spurs at The New Jersey Nets - The Prudential Center - Newark, NJ - The Nets' DeShawn Stevenson Takes on San Antonio's Point Guard Tim Duncan this Saturday at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. With a Rivalry Stemming from the Spurs Decisive Victory in Game 6 of the 2003 Season, this Meeting is Sure to be an Intense Spectacle for Any Fan!.